Why we're here...

Beer culture is coming of age. At any store, restaurant, bar, or friend's house you can now find at least a few good brews. In fact, there seem to be so many new beers, breweries and bars it's difficult to separate the good, the bad, and the mediocre.

If you're going spend $10 on one beer, what should you buy? If you're going to drive 2 hours to check out a brewery, what's worth your time? If you're going to plan a Friday night, what has a good selection and friendly atmosphere? We're here to help you answer these questions.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stock Porter

Stock Porter is an American Porter (or officially a Robust Porter) brewed by the Telegraph Brewing Company of Santa Barbara, California. It's right off the Garden Street exit on the 101 in Santa Barbra. I had not heard of this brewery until I saw the bottle for sale.

I bought this at the Pangaea Bottle Shop for $7.99 for a 750ml. It has an ABV of 5.8%.

It pours a very dark reddish brown, with a really big off-white, thick head. Not sure if I poured it too fast, but if you get the bottle be sure to pour slow. The aroma is pleasing; there's a nice smokiness, chocolates, coffee, maybe some sour dark fruits, and a little caramel. The taste follows the aroma, sweet, chocolate, smokiness, the subtle dark fruit (which adds a bit of nice sourness), and smooth finish. The mouthful is filling and enjoyable with a good amount of carbonation.


I enjoyed this porter. It's not your classical porter and has a lot of different flavors going on. Some reviews I read suggested a bad batch, but I definitely got a good bottle. I'm giving this a Must Have It, because it is unique, from a brewery I haven't seen here in NorCal, and is a well-made beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment